BYOD – Bring Your Own Device – Suggested Risk Control Measures
BYOD – Bring Your Own Device
At our website www.oneminutefromnormal.com we ask visitors the question: What if an unscheduled event suddenly seizes control of your business? Are you ready?
Although companies can save money by adopting a “bring your own device” policy, cyber risk is significantly heightened when employees carry company information outside the office. Manage your company’s risk with this checklist:
- Establish a clear policy regarding the use of personal devices. Make compliance mandatory.
- Encourage employees to protect their mobile devices from loss and theft with the utmost care and diligence.
- Recommend that employees choose a device with password protection, encryption and the capability to disable it if lost or stolen.
- Instruct each employee to enable the device’s password protection function with a hard to guess password not used on other accounts.
- Discourage employees from storing sensitive information on their personal devices.
- Do not modify a device’s original operating software.
- Caution employees regarding the risk of using public wifi networks.
Since the use of personal mobile devices at work has become a standard business practice, it is important for every company to examine its cyber security liability posture and coverage. KMRD has partnered with COMPASS CYBER SECURITY, which will assess your organizations’ cyber security posture and recommend mediation efforts.
KMRD reduces the overall cost of risk for clients by producing a greater value for each insurance dollar spent, while utilizing an enterprise risk management approach to engineer the optimal solution. The firm’s diagnostic process is supported by its unique collaborative technology, KMRD XCHANGE ®
We are dedicated to anticipating risk and helping firms recover from unplanned events that wait on the other side of one minute from normal.
To identify and correct coverage and service gaps in your business insurance risk profiles contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before one minute from normal strikes.
Please feel free to share this e-mail with anyone who may find it to be useful.
Need to deliver better risk management results for your company? Schedule a brief demo of our risk management system, KMRD XChange.