COVID-19 Resource Center
KMRD’s COVID-19 Resources page is your go-to resource for the latest updates and insights on the coronavirus pandemic. Check back frequently for the latest information, helpful insights, and articles that may help you navigate this rapidly evolving situation.
KMRD CLIENTS – Please read our COVID-19 FAQ
How KMRD is Responding
As the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves, the health of our employees, clients, and communities in which we work remains our top priority. We are watching current developments and preparing for a number of scenarios. We have implemented the following to support our employees and the businesses who depend on KMRD.
- Health – We have instituted a formal work from home policy to keep our employees safe and to help curb the spread of the virus. This decision will cause no change in how we support customers. We have provided our employees with additional guidelines, as well as resources to educate themselves about COVID-19 and ways to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
- Travel – We’ve temporarily suspended all non-essential business travel and are encouraging employees to use phone and video conferencing instead. We’re conducting all candidate interviews over video conference in place of in-person meetings.
- Business Continuity – We will remain 100 percent operational and maintain normal business hours across all groups including Customer Support and Professional Services. We will update this post with any changes to our policies. Employees and customers, thank you for your partnership in helping to minimize the impact of COVID-19 at work and at home.
COVID-19 Resources & Links
KMRD updates this COVID-19 page for clients, employees and the public with links to resources on developments, guidelines, protocols, policies, and tools for practitioners.
Our sources include those provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the World Health Organization, as well as COVID-19 reports in credible journals and magazines.
COVID-19 Return to Work Resources
Fisher Phillips – Vaccine Resource Center For Employers
Littler Mendelson – Facing Your Face Mask Duties – A List of Statewide Orders
Fisher Phillips – Face Masks, Temperatures, and Other 50-State Issues
Backtoworksafely.org – This site is sponsored by American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and provides a free set of guidelines and measures categorized by industry.
Sample Return to Work Plan – This sample return to work action plan serves as an example plan for businesses to use as a template when preparing their own plans for reopening their business following the coronavirus pandemic. It does not account for state, local or industry-specific guidance related to COVID-19, but follows the guidance laid out by the CDC and OSHA that is designed to keep employers, employees and customers safe. Note: This plan will need to be customized prior to use. Download now
Fisher Phillips – FP BEYOND THE CURVE: Post-Pandemic Back-To-Business FAQs For Employers
National Information on COVID-19:
3/20/20 – IRS.gov – Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave
State Specific News & Resources
Other Business Resources / News:
consumerfinance.gov – 3/27/20 – CFPB’s FAQ’s on what you need to know about student loans and the coronavirus pandemic. Nice program to use to attract and retain young talent!
Brian Heun’s article published by the Philadelphia Business Journal “Coronavirus is here: These are the keys to developing a business continuity plan“
Tips & Tools for Working from Home:
Links to articles with practical tips…
Free Screen Sharing Service
- List of 15 Video Conferencing Solutions
Ergonomic Tips For Working From Home
Also see our April 2020 blog post: Basic Ergonomic Tips for Working From Home During COVID-19
Slip and Fall Prevention
Need someone to evaluate your facility for safety issues related to stairs, ramps, or walkways? Contact a Risk Safety Consultant →
Caring and Volunteerism During COVID-19
In conjunction with the NATA, Go4Ellis is working on getting more—a lot more—Athletic Trainers in the field to actively help combat this pandemic. If you are a certified athletic trainer and are interested in getting involved click here for more!
Free Education and Fun at Home:
- Scholastic’s Free Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Khan Academy Free Learning: https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vSZhOdEPAWjUQpqDkVAlJrFwxxZ9Sa6zGOq0CNRms6Z7DZNq-tQWS3OhuVCUbh_-P-WmksHAzbsrk9d/pub
- Crash Course YouTube Channel: https://thecrashcourse.com/
- Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns (18+ hours documentary; Streaming) https://www.pbs.org/show/baseball/