Cyber Risk Ahead. Wi-Fi Warning
Cyber Risk Ahead. Wi-Fi Warning | KMRD Partners, Inc. Risk & Insurance Solutions
Wi-Fi hot spots can leave you, your colleagues your staff and your hard won information wide open to hackers. Once they penetrate your server, all of your information is vulnerable, making you liable for any damages a 3rd party may bring in a breach allegation. This makes transferring risk through cyber insurance a critical component of your company’s risk management program. Here are some common sense tips:
- Switch off sharing when using a public Wi-Fi network.
- Don’t connect to any network called “Free Wi-Fi.”
- If you are logging into a work network use a VPN.
- Set all your websites to ‘HTTP secure’ before you log on.
- Limit activities to anything not requiring a username and password to log in, including banking and shopping sites. Bear in mind most applications on your smartphone will auto login.
Please contact your KMRD relationship manager to detect any gaps in your firm’s cyber insurance coverage.
When there is risk ahead, you can count on KMRD Partners Risk and Insurance Solutions for a common sense approach to risk management and transference through insurance coverage. KMRD Partners structured risk management process provides clients a competitive advantage, reducing their cost of risk while improving their operational efficiency.
Please contact your KMRD Partners relationship manager or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to review your organization’s occupational safety and health initiatives before one minute from normal strikes.
Complete the form below to discuss an assessment of your cyber risk management program