Homeowners Risks Ahead. Beware of these holiday season hazards
Homeowners Risks Ahead. Beware of these holiday season hazards:
- When hosting a holiday party, review the liability portion of your homeowners or renters policy in the event a guest who gets sick after consuming food at your home sues you.
- In many states, party hosts can be held liable if a guest is involved in an alcohol-related accident. Many courts have found hosts liable for damages caused by party guests who consume alcohol and later drive motor vehicles. Many states have also enacted statutes that can be interpreted as mandating non-commercial social host liability.
- Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Day are the top three days for home candle fires.
- Holiday lights and other decorative lighting with line voltage were involved in an estimated average of 150 home structure fires per year in 2007 – 2011.
- US fire departments responded to an average of 230 home structure fires caused by Christmas trees during this period. These fires caused an estimated $18.3 million in direct property damage per year.
Homeowners Risks….Are you ready for one minute from normal this holiday season?
When there is risk ahead, you can count on KMRD Partners Risk and Insurance Solutions for a common sense approach to risk management and transference through insurance coverage. KMRD Partners structured risk management process provides clients a competitive advantage, reducing their cost of risk while improving their operational efficiency.
Please contact your KMRD Partners relationship manager or e-mail us at email@example.com to review your homeowners policy before one minute from normal strikes.