Tina Van Buren
Tina is a Client Services Manager and Partner responsible for servicing the benefits and HR consulting needs of clients using KMRD's unique servicing model.
Prior to KMRD, Tina Van Buren was a founding partner of Embrook Benefits. She is a systems guru when it comes to the intricacies of navigating benefits and HR administration. Tina advocates for her clients – from solving problems that arise among payors, providers and other service providers, to an eye for detail when it comes to compliance with ERISA, HIPAA and IRS regulations – and virtually eliminates the headaches associated with insurance carriers, payroll systems and employee management systems.
In 1992, Tina began her career as the Manager of Flexible Benefits Administration at Buckman Van Buren, a business support services company that provides employee benefits, property and casualty as well as retirement plan services. She spent the next 10 years as a Manager of Account Services for CBIZ, where she managed employee benefits administration and group insurance for clients with 20 to 2,000 employees. Along with helping clients design cafeteria health plans, Tina ensured compliance, resolution of billing and claims issues and communication of benefit programs to employees. Tina moved on to work as a Client Relationship Manager at eBenX, where she specialized in new plan implementation. An industry-leading employee benefits management software company, eBenX was among the first to provide employees with online enrollment and access to benefits information 24/7 while streamlining billing and electronic reporting to carriers.
- Day to Day Servicing
- Benefit Plan Design Strategies and Consultations
- Benefit Plan Funding Analysis
- Benefit Claims Advocacy and Resolution
- Enrollment and Benefit Administration Support
- B.S. in Business Administration and a minor in Personnel and Management from Gwynedd-Mercy College
Other Interesting Information
- She enjoys spending free time with her kids, paddle tennis, golf and running.
In the News
- KMRD Partners Acquires Embrook Benefits; Combines Strong Service Cultures And Expands KMRD’s Human Capital Solutions Group