Want to speak with a Home Staging specialist?
Our risk management team delivers results and works with you to solve even your most challenging risk needs.
See risk management
Property & Casualty
Our insurance brokerage team delivers the most effective insurance solutions to protect against loss and liability.
See property casualty
Our human capital team can assist you with measuring, managing and mitigation employment practices risks and exposure.
See human capital
Our employee benefits team can analyze, design, build, and implement employee benefits solutions for your organization.
See employee benefits
Home Staging Insurance Program
You have worked hard to build and grow your Home Staging business. Make sure your hard work and assets are protected by an insurance program specifically designed for your industry and its unique risks.
Importance of Home Staging Insurance
Insurance is a business tool used to protect the assets of the business and the business owner should unforeseen events happen. The trick is to make sure your business is covered for those events that are most likely to happen and to never find your self unprotected, which might lead to financial collapse.
All businesses are unique and the Home Staging industry is no different. As a Home Stager or Realtor® you have exposures to loss due to:
- Damage to your business personal property
- Damage to your clients property – both real and personal
- Injuries alleged to hove occurred due to your actions
If any of the above property is damaged and it is determined that the cause was a result of your activities helping your clients Stage® their house you will be responsible for replacing the property. It is crucial that you have the proper coverage to prevent a devastating financial loss.
Types of Insurance and Terms
- Property Insurance – Insurance that protects the physical property and equipment of a business against loss from theft, fire, or other perils. There are “All-risk” coverage policies that protect against all risks of damage. And “Named-peril” coverage that covers only against specific perils named on the policy. This is not as broad in coverage as the All-risk policy type.
- General Liability Insurance – insurance policies that cover claims arising from an insured’s liability due to damage or injury, caused by the negligence or acts of omission, during performance of the business owner’s duties or business. It is good practice to have the same insurance company represent both the property and general liability policies – to have the same insurance company on both the property and liability policies. Because if you have a claim against you there will never be a question as to which insurance company is responsible for paying the claim.
- Subcontractors – are not covered by your insurance policy. If your business requires the use of subcontractors request a certificate of insurance (COI). If you have any questions on the validity of their COI please call us to discuss.
- Certificates of Insurance (COI)– is a document listing the insurance policies for a particular business. It also lists limits of insurance and policy information. Often you will be asked by clients to produce your COI before you can begin working at a home staging site. Please contact us if you need a COI and we’ll furnish one for you.
Home Stagers Program Brochure
Download Our Brochure
Important things you should know
Download some important things you should know about your insurance program.
Complete the application below and we will reach out to you to review plan options: